THE KUNDANITE SPIRIT
About the School
Kundan Vidya Mandir is a Senior Secondary School affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. Named after it's founder Late Shri Kundan Lal Ji, a great visionary, the school was established in 1941 and is now one of the premier institutions of India. The school takes pride in being the first school in Punjab to get affiliated to CBSE in 1963. A team of about 350 dedicated members of staff; both teaching and non-teaching take care of more than 5000 students and deliver quality education and shape young minds. To transform our vision into reality, we have Mr. A.P. Sharma, a talented and dynamic personality as the Principal of the school. The main school is in Civil Lines and to cater to the city clientele we have a campus in the heart of the city opposite the railway station. The students of the Civil Lines campus have been divided into four sections:
Kindergarten – LKG and UKG
Primary - Classes I to V
Middle - Classes VI to VIII
Senior - Classes IX to XII
The City Campus has two sections each of classes LKG to VIII, with strength of about 900 students. The City Campus is administered by the Headmistress. After class VIII the students of the City Campus join class IX in the Civil Lines campus. Spreading its wings further, another branch was set up in 2007 in Sector 46, Chandigarh named Kundan International School. This school is also affiliated to the CBSE and is administered by the Headmistress Mrs. Yogesh Jadli.
The school aims at developing among the students:
* Awareness of their rich cultural heritage and environment to prepare them for the future by teaching them the value of time and judicious use of freedom.
* Self-awareness, maturity, self-esteem and effective interpersonal skills.
* A high sense of discipline, team spirit, co-operation and tolerance, habits of industry, self-control and perseverance in the face of adversity.
* A spirit of self-sacrifice and selfless service to the country.
* A zeal to strive for excellence in all fields (intellectual, social, spiritual) to achieve their potential.
* Sweet and winsome manners and etiquettes that exude genuine warmth and affection.
Our Vision & Mission
To establish the highest standards of education for all by sharing our experiences, ideals and values. At Kundan Vidya Mandir, we undertake a journey of discovery, knowledge and growth with each child that culminates in their graduation into valuable citizens full of ideas and skills. We immerse them in our culture and traditions and sensitize them to those of the world. We teach them to respect all life forms and our natural environment and become caring human beings with unshakeable principles of truth, love and efficiency.